The future status of the Wollongong Camera Club’s 2020 Programme and Meetings has been under constant review as the Club navigates its pathway through this Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation. The situation is changing quickly requiring us to take actions to protect ourselves, family, friends and more. The Camera Club isn’t immune to what is happening all around us.
What is changing?
- 2020 AGM rescheduled for March 31st 2020 at the School will go ahead as advised. New arrangements are being put in place for an open-air meeting with plenty of social distancing available. It will be a very short Meeting. Please, I encourage all who can attend to be there. Going ahead.
- Photography Group Meetings. 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the Month. All Meetings are cancelled.
- 2nd Tuesday: The Club is investigating alternative methods, including video conferencing for Topic/Presentation Nights to keep our activities, learning and sharing information ongoing. Encouraging all members in the photography pursuits.
- 4th Tuesday. All Competitions are online utilising the MPC system.
- Monthly Competition Entry Closing Dates; April 2020 Onwards. Both the Digital and Print Entry Closing Date is 2nd Tuesday of the Month at 11:45pm (2345Hrs). Please plan wisely.
2. Movie Makers. All Meetings are cancelled.
3. Outings. Club Approval has been REVOKED. This is unfortunate however the Club must take into account all Government recommendations, both now and in the future. This has been a difficult decision but one that must be made. There are two (2) Outings in particular; Mogo Zoom and Cockatoo Island. Please contact Karen Childs for details about cancellations.
What is the Future?
The Club’s 2020 Calendar will be updated in various stages. The first stage to be covered: April ~ June 2020 with a “Cancellation” identifier. As the Club contacts the various Presenters these advices will be update. Please make use of the Calendar to view all Activity status.
I am very optimistic that we will be back to normal activities however we all have to weather this virus storm and look after everyone. When the Club has been able to review, confirm and determine how to deliver an activity we’ll advise you. Until then keep safe and take all the necessary precautions you need to keep well.
President, Wollongong Camera Club